Monday, January 17, 2011

Back in Action!

It is hard to believe that we've already started the second half of the school year!  It is even more difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that I will be home in four and a half months at the end of May.  I've made the decision to come back to Kigali next year and teach for another year at KICS.  Although this year has been challenging, God has taught me so much!  I really know that I can directly use what I have learned from Him as a first grade teacher here for another year.  There are heaps of things that I'm excited to improve upon and do differently.  Where better to implement them than in the very classroom where I began learning?


It is such a blessing to get to serve in this country!  I was reminded, once again, that without schools like KICS, many missionaries wouldn't be able to serve around the world.  It is such an honor to get to serve others who have such a passion for sharing His Word.  There is a family at our school who works with teaching Rwandan pastors.  90% of pastors in Rwanda haven't even completed secondary school, but they're still working to spread God's love.  This ministry works on training pastors four times a year, 3 weeks at a time, so that pastors can still be working regularly at their churches and quickly apply what they learn.


I hope to share more about missionary families at KICS so you can learn more about the types of ministries that are happening here!

No comments:

Post a Comment