A year ago I packed my bags and faithfully stepped onto a plane to come to a continent where I knew of one person- my mom’s cousin Carol, who lives in Ethiopia. However, that one connection wasn’t making me feel any more comfortable about moving to the most densely populated country in Africa. This year, although very sad to leave my family, I walked through security with my new husband, ready to embark on a new adventure in a familiar place. Ah! What a relief! I am so thankful that God gave me Douglas to continue this journey.
We had an amazing summer, but it was definitely crazy! We are grateful that we were able to spend time with family and friends, getting to know many people who we had only heard stories about. I feel like we saw many people, but mainly for short amounts of time. By the time we had to leave to come back, my heart was aching for more time. It’s a funny thing, having two countries to call home. I wasn’t quite ready to go, but once we were in the air I was anxious to get back to Kigali. Bittersweet.
School has started and my new students are lovely. All but one went to KICS last year so they have the routine and are really excited to learn. It is completely different than last year- not just because of my experience, but in general my children are calmer and quieter. I do miss my little kidlets from last year so it’s a treat that I still get to see them daily. It does make me smile when they talk about how they miss first grade. It’s wonderful to be back with a year of knowledge, mistakes, and practice.
SIDENOTE: Douglas is correcting papers right now and in the “name” part of the page, some kid wrote “Jesus.” So funny.
A few weeks ago I uploaded about ten pictures from summer, including times in Indiana, Michigan, camping, and my cousin Rachel’s wedding. Sadly, somewhere in the process, something went wrong and nothing worked. Now I’m trying for a few photos and hoping for the best.
| I can't turn this, but these are my little cousins Evan and Anderson at the Aquatic Park in East Lansing! |
| Visiting Kelsey at work and playing Glo Golf |
| Camping with our friends in Michigan :) |
Our Wedding Photos!
Hope that works!!
With love,
Kerry :)
Love the Glo Golf one!
ReplyDelete-Aunt Phyllis
Oh wow new blog! Finally dude. I like the pictures. Post some Rwanda ones please. =)
ReplyDeleteMiss you. Love you.
It took you long enough. the last time I checked it was and you posted on the second geez. it looks like i will have to remain a tad more diligent.
ReplyDelete