Friday, August 13, 2010
11:30pm
Good news! I’ve made it through the first few days. Somehow I have experienced little to no jet lag and have been sleeping on a regular sleep schedule. Praise the Lord! I’m basically moved into my room, but mostly I spend my time at school setting up my classroom. We have lots of textbooks, mostly donated by American schools. It is nice to have so many resources, but the challenge will be to figure out how I’ll incorporate as much as I can into being hands on.
Tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon is the meet and greet at the school. This is just a time where the parents and some of the students come to meet the staff. I’m very excited and I’m just praying that it goes smoothly and I make a good impression! Eeek! I have already met several parents who are connected to the school. One is the daughter of the chair of the board of KICS (father) and a high school teacher (mother). I also have the librarian’s son and the little boy of the missionary family who first contacted me about this opportunity via mission teach. They are especially excited that I came, since they had a part in it, so they invited me over for dinner on Sunday evening.
Things have been very busy but overwhelming. First year of teaching and moving to a foreign country… yikes! I do think it is wonderful here and the staff and headmaster are nothing but supportive. It is a place of great love.
Please do keep in touch and let me know what is going on in all of your lives. (kerrydembowski@gmail.com) If you’d like to send mail I heard it takes about two weeks, and packages could take up to 3 months (but often a month). I would love to hear from you.
Love, hugs, and first moto rides,
Kerry
Oh! Fun fact we discovered today… I am the youngest member on the KICS staff!
Kerry Kerry! Such fun adventures. I want to skype soon. Or just come visit you? Equally practical. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteLove love love love,
Kelsey
Hi Kerry, we are so proud of you and we love you. Also, you are old to us. Let us know when we can Skype. Anderson, Evan, and Annelise
ReplyDeleteKerry, Im so excited I can read about all your adventures. We are praying for you and love that you get to have this opportunity. I know God will use you in big ways cause he is awesome like that.
ReplyDelete