Thursday, April 14, 2011

Best First Grade Quotes of the Year

In no particular order...

During a prayer:"And God, we really like You!  You are so awesome!"

After I had a cough for about a month...
"Miss Dembowski... my mom said she can take you to the doctor so your cough can go away and you can get better."

"The FBI is a basketball team!"
"No!  It's a police station!"

When discussing a Wii (not so common here):
"It's a video game.  It's a Nintendo where you hold the remote in your hands!"

"I already know what  I want to be when I grow up: a park ranger!"

"I had a dream about Heaven. Jesus was sitting on a chair and angels were singing in heaven.  I saw a lot of wonderful things.  Also, there was a big, big, huge bird."

When reciting Hebrews 11:6 (And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.)
"...He is a rewarder of those who make him sick."

"Miss Dembowski, your hair is curly!"
"You look like Cinderella!"
"You are the most beautiful girl in the whole world!"

"I don't know where the orphanage is... but I want to take food there.  I just pray that they get moms and dads."

"Miss Dembowski, I already washed my hands, with bubbles!"

"When we sin we have to pray to God and tell Him we are so sorry and He'll come into our hearts and forgive."

"I'm not scared of anything... except hippos!"

"I think you'll wear lipstick when you're married."

"I am done... fa-lish-a-lee!" *offically!

On character dress up day Douglas (Mr. Bryan) wore a Popeye shirt.
"Did you see Mr. Bryan?  He's a chicken pot pie!"

"We had oranges and pretended they were Reeses."
(I'm not the only one who misses peanut butter candy!)

"God has seen in our hearts and He knows that we love Him."

"Suffering is when people are begging for money and they're crying in their hearts."

"My Mom would be embarrassed if I said this, but she's actually at home taking a bath!"

About her little brother who was trying out a preschool:
"When he went to Little Stars, well, he was too little."

"Why does everything have to be made in China?

A student's dad who is a missionary was going to another country and I asked what he was doing there:
"I don't know, he's probably helping people and stuff."

A six year old:
"I lived in America for 3 years and Uganda for 7 years."


They make me smile every day! :)

2 comments: