Most of the staff at our school is American. We have a couple of Canadians, Brits, and Dutch people as well. We even have one woman from Mauritius! One of the most special members of our staff is a Rwandan woman named Clementine. Spelled like the fruit, but pronounced ClemenTEEN, she is our secretary. She sorts everything out during the day, sits at reception, and takes care of children who are hurt, sick, or sad. We have been missing her for much of the year because she left for maternity leave. A couple of weeks before she was due she got malaria, which postponed the delivery a bit. She was already supposed to have a c-section and a couple of weeks ago her baby boy came into the world! She named him Ian (not such a Rwandan name) and last weekend Douglas and I got to go see him.
He is precious! Ian is still so small and adorable. When we got there he was in his little bed covered with a mosquito net (of course!), sleeping soundly. He didn't even wake up when I was holding him. Lucky for me one of his socks fell off so that I could see his tiny little toes! I love that.
I am so excited for TWO new babies in our family when we come home. Jenny, Douglas' sister is due in December, and Erin (my brother Aaron's wife) is due in April. Please pray for them!
Enjoy the pictures!
 |
| Clementine's older son, Roy |
I also love baby toes. Maybe this is a universal thing, or maybe we are just weird.
ReplyDelete